This is a full-time on-site role for a Technical Writer. The Technical Writer will be responsible for producing technical documentation, manuals, user guides, and other documentation relating to our precision polishing machines. The Technical Writer will work closely with our CAD, Manufacturing and Product Development teams to ensure that all documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Develop comprehensive technical documentation to meet current organisational standards.
- Develop and maintain a detailed database for documentation with revision control.
- Evaluate current content and bring in line with current organisational standards.
- Support the Mechanical Design team when required with basic design, production or drawing queries. Basic CAD training will be available if required.
- Gather information from various departments within the organisation in order to write build procedure manuals, technical specifications, transport and installation manuals
- Create CAD images using Solidworks to clearly illustrate manuals.
- Operate with the use of a document repository in order to adequately control document revisions
- Accurate and comprehensive documentation
- Effective communication with all departments within the organisation, as well as suppliers and customers when required.
- Efficient use of a document repository
- Basic support for the Mechanical Design team
- Strong Technical Writing and Technical Documentation skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in creating manuals, user guides, and technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solidworks experience is beneficial but not a requirement. Training will be provided if required.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, or related field is preferred.
- Experience in the manufacturing or engineering industry is beneficial.
- Two or more years of experience as an effective technical writer